Hello all! I have some good news…. My hand dove tailed cello stand has been accepted into the Metropolitan Music catalog.
This is something I have been thinking about doing for a long time. It is nice to see it come to pass. In the workshop, I seem to have many projects going on at once.
Jeffrey Richards continues to work on his guitar in the shop and is making nice progress…
I am still finishing up some jigs for the D18 guitar that I am working on….
This jig gives me the radius for the bracing inside the guitar. I press the bracing into the radius jig and clamp it into the vice…
Next, I plane it flat…
After it is flat, I release it from the jig and it becomes a perfect radius.
It will now be ready for gluing to the top and the back.
I also just finished this tool which will enable me to cut a perfect circle for the roset and the hole.
I made this from a part that I got from the local hardware store.
As far as the A-style Mandolin that I have been working on, I have all the binding on and it is now time to fit the neck to the body.
So…as you can see, several projects are keeping me busy in the shop. That’s all for now.
Until next time,